Outdoor Tryouts Schedule
We are actively looking for motivated, hardworking, and energetic players and goal keepers in all age groups. We value a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and consistent attendance. All tryouts are on our indoor fields. Please preregister for tryouts and grassroots on our website: https://www.1stdfcvictoria.com/ or call the office at 780-457-3759. There is no fee to tryout.
Our grassroots program is divided into two groups; one for 5 and 6 year olds and another for 7 and 8 year olds. There are no tryouts for grassroots and all children wishing to play may participate. Our program will run 10 weeks commencing the week of May 9 through the week of July 9 and includes entry in any EIYSA grassroots festivals to be scheduled on weekends. The program is intended to run on our outdoor fields except that rain outs will be accommodated in our indoor facilities.
Fees are $195.00 for the 5 and 6 year olds and $275.00 for 7 and 8 year olds and there is no GST. In addition to professional coaching, field time and EIYSA games, players will receive tech shirts and a size 4 ball. Fees are payable on or before first practice. Refunds on a prorated basis will be provided should public health restrictions or other factors beyond our control require cancellation of part or all of the program. Summer rates are $475 for U13 and older and $300 for the younger age groups. There is a $25 discount for returning players except grassroots.
Birth Year Tryout Dates
2011, 2012, 2013 March 15 at 18:10 – 19:10 on the 7v7 field
Coach Azim March 17 at 18:10 – 19:10 on the 7v7 field
March 22 at 18:10 – 19:10 on the 7v7 field
2009 and 2010 March 15 at 18:35 – 19:35 on the 9v9 (North) field (2010 only)
Coach Eddie March 17 at 18:35 – 19:35 on the 9v9 (North) field
March 19 at 15:00 – 16:30 on the 9v9 (North) field
March 20 at 10:00 – 11:30 on the 9v9 (North) field
After Tryouts, Registration Fees will Include:
• New player will receive a practice jersey, shorts, and socks at no cost.
• Tryout fees are included
• 10 – 14 training sessions
• Senior qualified coaches and trainers
• Competitive skill development
• Team equipment
• Referee, fields, and technical costs paid
• Team practices as decided by the coach
• Indoor, outdoor, pre & post season facilities
• Provincial and National travel allowance provided to qualifying teams
• Check this page for updates on registration fees
Expectations of Players/Families:
• Player COMMITMENT to attend ALL practices, technical sessions, and games.
• Abide by the standards set forth by the club and the EIYSA parent/player codes of conduct